Volunteer & Auction Coordinator
The Killebrew-Thompson Memorial is looking to add a year-round, part-time team member to assist with our annual golf tournament and charity event weekend. The position averages 20 hours per week, with increased hours required around the event (July and August). Hourly pay commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Auction Item Procurement
- Generate ideas for silent auction items.
- Research and identify potential vendors for donations.
- Solicit donations and track relationship status.
- Write descriptions of auction items for program.
- Enter and maintain donor information in CRM system.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with event production.
- Match volunteers with roles based on skills and interest.
- Supervise and train volunteers.
- Maintain timely and clear communication with volunteers before, during, and after the event.
- Enter and maintain volunteer information in CRM system.
- Check and process mail.
- Maintain office.
- Provide support as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Confidence in cold calling to solicit in kind donations from former or prospective donors.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Proficiency in learning new computer applications.
- Can-do attitude and ability to demonstrate grace (and humor) under pressure!
- Submit a resume with a cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 2nd.
- Select applicants will be asked to submit a writing sample prior to scheduling an interview.