Development and Events Associate
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Experience with event planning and production a must
- Experience working with all Microsoft programs (particularly Excel)
- Ability to perform data entry in various computer systems
- Familiarity with donor management software (KTM currently uses Little Green Light)
- Excellent customer service skills- exceed donor expectations with each interaction
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in fields of fundraising and event management
- Must have a can-do attitude and demonstrate grace under pressure!
- Resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving
- Outgoing and able to build rapport quickly
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Donor and Sponsor Communication
- Help cultivate and maintain existing donors and sponsors and work with ED to identify and engage new prospects.
- Develop and track donor communication materials, such as event invitations, sponsorship commitments, and gift acknowledgments.
- Document all donations, process payments, and record acknowledgment activities utilizing KTM’s donor database (Little Green Light).
- Maintain KTM’s donor database- track relationships, communications, build donor profiles, and generate reports.
Event Management and Support
- Assist Executive Director in managing all logistics for events.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships and coordinate details for delivery of services.
- Design and oversee production of promotional materials for events (large design projects such as tournament magazine and auction program may be outsourced).
- Manage online and mobile auction software (KTM currently utilizes OneCause).
- Oversee silent auction item procurement along with Event Assistant.
- Manage guest registration process and tracking in database.
- Track and process benefit concert ticket sales for KTM guests.
- Assist Executive Director in management of part-time Event Assistant and seasonal Event Intern.
- Follow up on accounts receivable.
- Checking and processing mail.
- Website maintenance.
- Order office supplies.
- Event week: Ability to work long hours with lots of walking and standing for long periods.
- Consistently: Ability to sit for long periods, looking at computer screens.
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $40,000-50,000 DOE
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun and dynamic office environment
- Generous vacation time and flexible hours during off-season
Please email a cover letter and current resume to Hannah Stauts, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org (please, no phone calls). Deadline for submissions is Oct. 1. Interviews will be conducted the week of October 14. A background check will be required before hiring.