Volunteer and Auction Coordinator
Position type: Seasonal
Start date: March 13 (preferred) End date: mid-September
Pay: $15-$18 DOE
Hours: Flexible hours with increased hours around the event (Aug. 5-23).
– Detail oriented and self-motivated
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Confidence in making calls to contact and build relationships with existing/prospective donors
– Ability to work independently
– Research and identify potential donation sources
– Solicit donations and track progress
– Develop written descriptions for auction items to include in gala program materials
– Recruit volunteers for various aspects of event production
– Organize volunteers, assign positions based on skills and interest, and assist where needed
– Maintain volunteer relationships through timely, clear communication before, during, and after event
– Record donor and volunteer information in database
– Supervise and train volunteers for tasks
– Provide administrative support to other staff as needed
– Submit a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com by March 13th at 5:00 p.m.
– Selected applicants will be asked to submit a timed writing sample prior to scheduling an interview.